Winter Soulstice/Winter Solstice 2017
It’s been an exhausting year of lies, fears, betrayals, and injustices. In disbelief…then in resignation, we’ve witnessed the unsavory and unsound practices of the most powerful politicians on the planet. Actions of a few are negatively impacting all of us. We are relentlessly bombarded with bad news, driving us to the point of living in a state of constant fear. We are being conditioned to believing the worst about everyone and everything. We are told our salvation and success lies in sheer military might, but history tells us differently. Do we remember the lessons of the past?
On this shortest day and the longest dark night, the Winter Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere invites us to slow down our busy lives and and take the time to breathe, look inward and remember…and then decide which memories are worth keeping, while discarding the memories that no longer serve us. On December 21, 2017, let us take the time to look inward, and remember: to reflect on “what is,” and to then envision what we would like “to be.” We CAN change the course of things for the better, if we can put our fears aside and consciously decide on how we are to live.
This magical herb from the Mediterranean is a very helpful memory aid. Since ancient times, rosemary has been know to boost one’s memory, simply by sniffing. The health benefits of rosemary are many: it can also improve mood, relieve pain, protect the immune system, reduce inflammation, stimulate circulation, detoxify the body, prevent premature aging, heal skin conditions and protect the body from bacterial infections. As you can see, rosemary does more than make food taste delicious!
photo courtesy of Pinterest
ROSEMARY Winter Soulstice Remembrance Cleansing what you will use
- notebook and writing instrument
- white sage or natural tobacco
- white candles
- warm bath with epsom salts and essential oil of rosemary, rosemary sprigs
- peppermint tea (for internal heat)
- Burn white sage and allow smoke to fill the space, cleansing you and your area of negative energy. Bless yourself, and your surroundings. Give thanks.
- Draw warm bathwater, using epsom salts and essential oil of rosemary. If you have fresh rosemary, crush sprigs and toss into your bath. Allow the aroma of rosemary to fill the room.
- Light and carefully arrange candles around the bathtub.
- Create a space for your cup of tea, and for your notebook.
- Relax and luxuriate in the bathwater. Allow the aroma of rosemary to envelope you.
- Do you remember who YOU are? Ask yourself a series of questions and write down your answers: ♥At my core, am I the same person inside, that I was as a child? ♥What are some of most important lessons I’ve learned? ♥What do I believe about myself and the world? ♥Am I consciously dreaming my own reality, or am I simply reacting to the chaos that surrounds me? ♥Am I kind? (considerate, helpful, compassionate) ♥Do I know how to give love and receive love? ♥Do I use my free will? ♥Do I feel connected?
- Reflect on your answers, then BELIEVE and SPEAK positive words into the darkness of the Solstice night. Positive words plant positive seeds for your new powerful reality. Asé! Amen! And So It Is!
- As you exit the bathtub, envision your troubles, doubts and fears flowing down the drain along with the water. Asé! Amen! And So It Is!
Got the winter/holiday blues? Immune system needing a boost? Come visit me for a feel-good session featuring therapeutic (r)Evolutionary Touch Medicine, herbal tea, music therapy, conversation and love! YOU’LL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER…I promise! Call or email me today to book your winter sessions @ 770.276.4531 and firstname.lastname@example.org! Looking forward to seeing you soon!